New years resolutions
THEY DONT WORK AND I WILL TELL YOU WHY
January 1st comes and everyone is writing there resolutions down on paper. People make a promise to themselves that they will commit, they are so genuine with themselves.
1st week and they are flying hitting every goal they set themselves, heck some even get the whole of January and February on a role. March comes and you start to slow down, these goals are less important now. The piece of paper with the resolutions on has become torn and ends up in a drawer.
This happens because
1) You didn’t make your goals clear enough. Writing I want to lose 10 pounds isn’t enough, you need to write how you will achieve this.
2) You put too much expectation on yourself, made your resolutions to far out of reach
3) You put too many resolutions down which resulted in being overwhelmed and giving up on them
4) You don’t see any immediate change so you become discouraged which then results in giving up
5) You are just not ready for the change – we all want to be ready to change but until that moment comes writing these resolutions down are just a waste of ink
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A THOUGHT AND A DECISION IS THE ACTION WE TAKE